Schedule a consult today and Heal Massage & Therapy will answer all your questions about therapeutic massage, including its benefits, what to expect during a session, and how often you should get a massage.
Upon arriving for your massage session, you'll typically begin with a brief consultation. The therapist will discuss your health history, any specific pain or tension areas, and your desired outcomes. This ensures a tailored experience that addresses your needs.
The massage itself takes place in a calm, dimly lit room with soft music to promote relaxation. You'll lie on a comfortable massage table that is heated, draped with sheets and a soft blanket. Only the area being worked on will be exposed, ensuring your modesty.
Your therapist will use a combination of techniques, adjusting the pressure based on your comfort level. Oils or lotions may be used to reduce friction on the skin.
Should you desire targeted treatment, we provide the option of applying a specialized topical to your areas of concern. We offer Arnicare, known for its anti-inflammatory properties, or BioFreeze, which delivers a soothing cooling effect. Please indicate your preference, and we will ensure it's incorporated into your session.
After the session, you'll be given time to dress and gather yourself. It's common to feel deeply relaxed, and you might experience temporary soreness from the therapeutic techniques.
1. Schedule Wisely: Choose a time when you won't be rushed. This allows you to fully relax and benefit from the session.
2. Clothing: Wear comfortable clothing. Depending on the type of massage, you may be asked to undress to your comfort level. Remember, you'll always be draped with sheets and a soft blanket, ensuring your privacy.
3. Eat Lightly: It's best not to have a heavy meal right before your massage. A light snack is okay if you're feeling peckish.
4. Hydrate: Drink plenty of water before and after the session. This helps to flush out toxins and aids muscle recovery.
5. Arrive On Time: Especially if it's your first time, this gives you time to use the restroom, and relax before the session begins.
6. Speak Up: Be ready to discuss any health concerns, pain areas, or specific goals you have for the session. This ensures the therapist can tailor the massage to your needs.
7. Limit Caffeine: Try to avoid consuming caffeine right before your session. It can make you jittery and prevent you from fully relaxing.
8. Avoid Alcohol: It's best to avoid alcohol before your massage. It can affect the body's response to the massage and the overall experience.
9. Relax: Remember, this is your time. Take a few moments to breathe deeply and center yourself before the session begins.
By following these guidelines, you'll ensure a comfortable, beneficial, and relaxing massage experience. Enjoy your session and the many benefits it offers